Ministry of Transportation and InfrastructureMultiple locations
There are currently two (2) positions available in Victoria, Coquitlam, or Prince George. Alternate locations in BC may be considered per operational requirements.Senior Technical Analyst
$72,724.97 - $83,014.85 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure plans and improves transportation networks, builds new infrastructure, provides transportation services, and implements transportation policies, to allow for the safe and efficient movement of people and goods.
The Senior Technical Analyst manages the acquisition and servicing of application infrastructure technology products and related services. In this role you develop and establish computer systems infrastructure technology policies, procedures and standards. You also provide advice and counsel to branch and ministry staff, clients and vendors.Qualifications for this role include:
• Degree in computer science field or equivalent and three (3) years of related technical experience; OR,
• Diploma in computer science field or equivalent and five (5) years of related technical experience; OR,
• Secondary School graduation or an equivalent combination of education and seven (7) years of related technical experience.
• Three (3) years of experience working with IM/IT project teams, developing action plans, and leading technical teams for large technical projects in an IM/IT enterprise environment.
• Two (2) years of experience working in an operational environment managing, maintaining and supporting business applications at an enterprise level.
• Experience in assessing customer requirements, and implementing technical and business solutions.
• Experience coordinating resolution of technical and business problems while managing multiple tasks and priorities.
• Experience evaluating technology architecture and new technologies in order to implement new application architecture solutions that satisfy business needs.
• Experience providing technical advice and guidance to work teams, managers and executive.
• Experience installing and maintaining application servers such as MS Windows or RedHat Enterprise Linux.
For more information and to apply online by July 13, 2022, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/87886Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC, Vancouver Island, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level