Job Description Summary
Are you looking to use your engineering experience in a purpose-driven role? At STEMCELL Technologies, Canada's largest biotechnology company, your work will have a direct and positive impact on advancing scientific research in fields such as cancer, immunology, and tissue engineering. As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will help to lead the design, development, and integration of lab automation instruments and subsystems at STEMCELL. You will work closely with multiple project stakeholders to ensure that key requirements are met and that quality products are delivered in a timely and economical manner. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a creative, multidisciplinary team and deliver innovative solutions for the biotech industry!Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Work in cross functional teams and participate in product development and systems integration for new and existing products
- Perform complex systems integration work, enabling various hardware and software modules to work together effectively
- Write complex code for systems integration, data acquisition and analysis, data storage, and device drivers
- Conduct laboratory automation system integration troubleshooting and testing, including formally documenting the outcomes and test results
- Research, evaluate, source, and integrate third party solutions to be used in larger automation projects
- A Bachelor's degree in Systems, Electrical or Mechatronic Engineering or Computer Science with 6+ years of relevant experience
- Proven experience working in a highly collaborative, agile and multi-disciplinary team environment, ideally acting as a central technical resource
- Experience designing and prototyping complex electro-mechanical systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience researching and selecting equipment for laboratory automation applications (especially liquid handling or image acquisition) is desirable
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
NOTE: STEMCELL's vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including with boosters) against COVID-19, as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.