Join GroupHEALTH Benefit Solutions® today and become part of an organization that is
transforming the way Canadian’s experience benefits.Our mission is simple;
We develop and deliver the most cost-effective employee benefits solutions to Canadian businesses.GroupHEALTH is accelerating - and you provide the fuel.
We're currently looking for a Senior System Engineer
to join our team in Surrey, BC.
The Senior System Engineer (SSE) is responsible for providing an oversight and coordination on general support and maintenance of all of the systems across the group of companies, as well as the troubleshooting of issues relating to hardware.
The Senior Systems Engineer works with a team of dedicated IT professionals to help solve day-to-day issues as well as to plan long term infrastructure initiatives. SSE helps develop a maintenance plan, document existing processes and helps develop new ones.
Due to level of experience and expertise required for the job, SSE encompasses variety of IT roles and in particular the following: DBA, IT security officer, systems administrator.Outcomes
- Work with Director, IT Infrastructure on ITIL processes to improve our service desk
- Work with colleagues to continue on-prem to cloud migrations
- Complete rollout of telephony consolidation project
Education & Experience
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Assisting in managing, planning, implementing and maintaining Network, Security and Backup strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support to on and off-site employees
- Maintain, manage and prioritize Help Desk queues and tasks
- Assisting in managing and planning projects with the help from Project Manager and senior IT members and leaders
- Working with the Director, IT Infrastructure to coordinateday-to-day IT operations. Providing Tier 1 Escalation Point for coworkers on issues where they require assistance escalatingsupportissues.
- Following up with coworkers on service desk queue to ensure that tickets are handled in a timely efficient manner and to improve troubleshooting process
- Providing infrastructure support during development releases
- Providing infrastructure support/recommendations for business projects
- Development of device management policies for FoC
- Primary database management
- Creating documentation for end-users and co-workers
- Mentoring junior staff and helping their career development
- Certificate or Diploma in a related field or equivalent industry experience
- 8+ years of progressive experience in a Systems Administrator role (minimum)
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role as a tier 2/3 support
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v3
- Experience with Office 365 Administration (tenant, Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams)
- Experience with Virtualization technologies in a live production environment; including public cloud.
- Experience with VOIP networks specifically Cisco
- Experience with Active Directory (including Azure AD), Intune, Group Policy.
- Experience with scripting languages
- Cisco / Palo Alto networking experience
In addition to becoming part of a creative, challenging, and stimulating work environment, we also offer:
Want to be part of a rapidly growing company that is transforming the way Canadian’s experience benefits? Apply now!We thank everyone who applies to the role; however, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact candidates who have been selected for an interview.
- a competitive salary & benefits program
- paid time off, including flex time
- education assistance
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) with employer matching
- Participation in our Happy Friday Program