About Houle Electric:
Houle Electric is BC’s most trusted name in electrical contracting. Founded in 1944, Houle prides itself on a tradition of excellence for our industrial, commercial and institutional customers. In addition to electrical contracting, we are renowned for our project management & design skills across all of our divisions including Security, Data Networks, Automated Controls and Electrical Preventative Maintenance. We also provide service calls to businesses and home owners, including 24-hour emergency service.
About the position:
Currently, we are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our Technologies team in Burnaby.
Reporting to the Technology Operations Director, the Senior Systems Engineer is primarily responsible for providing system design for design build, large integration projects, and P3 projects of integrated technologies.
- Proactively ensure compliance with the PA: both Schedule 3 (OS) and Schedule 2 (Collaborative design).
- Blackline ALL non-compliances.
- Clarify scope responsibilities within the team and with the Authority for Owner Furnished Goods and Services (OFGS).
- Confirm or update pursuit assumptions using actual and current contractual and product data.
- Keep scope at or under pursuit assumptions. Prevent scope creep.
- Provide clear scope description for Estimate and PM planning.
- Ensure all submittals by the Engineer of Record (EoR) are fully vetted (preferably prepared collaboratively with Houle).
- Elicit and obtain missing info from the Authority (e.g. existing systems) and other Trades (e.g. hardware, doors, frames, network, Wifi, telephony etc)
- Define, engineer, test and validate solution architecture(s). Mock-ups, bench testing and PoC may be needed, required or requested.
- Research, engage, commit, and collaborate with, key suppliers and partners.
- Document solutions in sufficient detail and appropriate format(s) for the Project/Implementation team.
- Obtain early solution signoff from the Authority, Consultants (Compliance and EoR), GC and FM on ALL SYSTEMS
Experience and Skills:
- 10+ years in systems engineering design in complex technology integration in the building controls space.
- Electrical or Software Engineering Degree or Diploma with a combination of experience
- Professional Engineer designation
- Professional design documentation skills
- Experience in writing design specifications
- Experience is high level system concepts and architectures
- Network systems design experience
- Experience in building construction techniques
- Experience in interface specification writing
You have a 'can do' natural right attitude and are always willing to learn. You are a bright, ambitious, honest, and straight forward professional. Your personable nature will fit well within the friendly working environment.
The salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. Houle offers an exciting, enjoyable work environment, competitive benefits package and many company sponsored events.
To apply, please visit https://www.houle.ca/current-career-opportunities/ and click on the listing for "Senior Systems Engineer”. Opportunity will remain open until filled.
Posted: October 31, 2018
Closes: December 30, 2018