Senior Systems Administrator with strong Cloud experience (AWS preferred)
What & Why:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services; EC2, VPC, S3, IAM
- Experience with Office 365 and Active Directory
One of our most innovative clients is currently looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to join their team. They offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
- Provides support for network, server, hardware, and software. Troubleshoots support issues.
- Ensures all back-ups and disaster recovery systems are operating correctly and are tested regularly.
- Installs server upgrades, patches, deploys new servers, and server software including both physical and virtual devices, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS as appropriate.
- Administers applications as required.
- Supports the software development team with software releases.
- Identifies system requirements, conducts product research, obtains quotes, prepares proposals recommending technology purchases and oversees and/or participates in the implementation of that technology.
- Develops and maintains vendor relationships, manages IT purchases, tracks physical assets, and monitors warranty status.
- Monitors endpoint protection system, identifies out of character behavior of systems or users, collaborates with internal staff and security vendors to resolve concerns.
- Reads, writes, reviews and edits documentation including work instructions, SOPs, validation documentation, installation instructions.
- Actively works to foster an environment of effective and collaborative working relationships amongst employees, management and external partners.
- Reads pertinent literature to improve technical knowledge and maintain awareness and understanding of developments related to current or anticipated projects and/or products.
- Provides backup for desktop support personnel as required.
- Participates in on-call rotation and after-hours work as required.
Our client is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics, initially focused on the treatment of cancer.
You will bring the following education, skills and experience to the role:
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a high paced, fast changing environment. Results-oriented.
- Ability to provide leadership, mentoring and coaching to a team of professionals and to establish and promote a positive, respectful workplace.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Experience with TCP/IP stack and popular protocols.
- Proficiency with bash and python scripting.
- Experience working in a clustered computing environment.
- In-depth experience installing, configuring and supporting Linux and dependent applications and hardware.
- Thorough understanding of networking principles and technologies.
- Comprehensive understanding of NFS and large-scale storage systems.
- In-depth experience administering Active Directory, Azure AD, Office 365 Exchange
- Familiarity with next-generation endpoint protection and SEIM systems such as Fireeye, Carbon Black, Crowdstrike
- Expert level administration of Active Directory, SSO and centralized configuration management systems such as Puppet, Salt, Ansible
- Expert level experience with Amazon Web Services; EC2, VPC, S3, IAM
- Intermediate level Network and Cloud storage systems administration
- Intermediate level administration of GridEngine, Splunk, Logicmonitor
- Implementation of next-generation endpoint protection and SEIM systems such as Fireeye, Carbon Black, Crowdstrike
- Implementation of multi-site networks spanning physical and IaaS sites using technologies such as Palo Alto, Juniper, Meraki, site-to-site VPN.
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.