Ready to grow a new business and transform an entire industry...
Join our team
TELUS is entering the Smart-Home and Security market in a big way! We're transforming an industry while we make our customers' homes and businesses safer and bringing convenience and peace of mind to their lives. By using our premier networks, technology, and services, TELUS is bringing the power of Security and Smart-Home Solutions to life for our residential and business customers in new ways with creative product and service offerings. We are seeking a strong leader to join our team as we continue to grow and rapidly evolve our business! Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together:
This is a career-shaping opportunity that will truly develop you into a business athlete by working in and across our end-to-end SmartHome and Security business. We operate in an ambitious start-up environment and collaborate with teams across multiple functions including Marketing, Product & Service Development, Contact Centres, Field Technicians, Application System Development, and Technology Strategy. Together with members of these teams you will work on projects and support operations across multiple segments including Residential, Small Business, and Consumer Health customers to deliver outstanding customer experiences. The experience in this dynamic industry and with this wide range of teams, functions, and customer segments will provide you an opportunity to accelerate your professional development as we successfully deliver against our top priorities.
As a Senior Strategy Manager on the SmartHome & Security Operations Team, your primary responsibility will be ensuring our end-to-end operations deliver the best customer experience at the highest levels of efficiency. Your key responsibilities will be to:
• Lead the strategy development of a new SmartHome Security business through applying structured problem solving, using a data-driven approach and assessing both customer and operational impacts
• Own the priorities and risks of multi-faceted, large-scale projects that span across major TELUS frontline and internal facing business units
• Analyze performance challenges to identify root cause issues affecting customer experience and operational efficiency
• Measure and monitor the performance of each operational function to identify and implement improvements that will improve results
• Investigate customer and frontline issues and identify and execute any required changes to our SmartHome & Security policies, processes, procedures, and technology
• Drive overall project success and deliverables including business casing, budgeting, work planning, requirements definition, policy and procedure definition, process engineering, systems implementation work, frontline and customer change management, and operational readiness.
• Provide mentorship and coaching to other team members Finally, a career you'll love. Qualifications:
You're the missing piece of the puzzle:
• 8+ years' experience delivering complex transformational programs involving business process engineering & change management in a service delivery environment
• Experience working in a matrix structure using a network of departments to deliver success e.g. customer care, technical support, field technician operations, systems, deployment, central monitoring, guard response, field, care etc.
• Excellent program and project management knowledge, skills, and experience
• Excellent communication skills, the ability to succinctly and clearly explain tactical plans, expectations and strategy to front line teams and managers, as well as to your peers and supporting executives
• Strong ability to build relationships, collaborate, and influence at all levels and across multiple teams
• Demonstrated track record of success delivering remarkable customer experiences at high levels of operational efficiency are second to none
• Passion for being a part of a dynamic, high performance culture
• Innovative and passionate about pioneering a new business for TELUS
• Knowledge and experience in the home automation and security industry and its end to end operations
• Experience in multiple operational areas across TELUS
• University degree in business, economics, engineering, information management or equivalent experience
• Agile, Lean Six Sigma and/or PMP certification Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Management and Executive