Are you passionate about helping healthcare organizations in the Canadian Public Sector (PS) innovate and transform using cloud technology? Do you have broad and deep knowledge of information and communication technology (ICT) infrastructure and application architectures, best security and compliance practices, plus experience of working in healthcare? Come join our dynamic, supportive team of Amazon Web Services (AWS) Solutions Architects (SAs) focused on our growing PS healthcare business in Canada. We are dedicated to supporting new members, have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
PS healthcare organizations have limited resources yet are challenged to improve and integrate the care provided to patients. You will join a team bringing cutting-edge cloud technologies to PS leaders who want to serve patients more effectively and focus more of their time and resources on their core organizational mission. You will help shape and deliver on strategy to build mind-share and broad usage of AWS utility services such as HealthLake, Glue, DynamoDB and Comprehend Medical.
• Owning technical engagements at all levels
• Removing technical account management barriers
• Defining implementation and transition architectures
• Contributing to RFI and RFP responses
• Helping customers achieve project and overall technical success
• Assisting strategic solution providers with AWS-oriented definitions and implementations
• Developing and delivering presentations, discussions, product demos, sample solutions, blog posts, and white papers
• Working closely with account managers and business developers to ensure customer success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS cloud
• Supporting and promoting AWS consulting and technology partners
• Gaining industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panelist and keynote speaker at AWS and third-party technology conferences, trade shows and press events
• Capturing and sharing knowledge with the broader AWS Solutions Architecture community
PS SAs typically are
• Passionate about designing and guiding cloud architectural builds
• Dedicated to accelerating and scaling innovation, reducing costs and driving efficiency
• Well versed in Canadian PS healthcare mandates, security, standards and compliance for designing large-scale cloud computing solutions
• Leading deep-dive education and technology design exercises to create innovative, secure and robust solutions for PS healthcare organizations and the AWS partners who work with them, including systems integrators and ISVs
• Hands-on, getting into details, and possibly writing demo / proof-of-concept code
• Already broadly capable in architect roles, with plenty of hands-on experience
• Open to travel within the city or province and up to 25% out of province, as required for customer meetings
• AWS training during the onboarding process, typically in your first few months here at Amazon, can require travel to the USA for up to 5 consecutive days
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional lives is crucial to your happiness and success at Amazon, so we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 3+ years of experience in healthcare IT solution delivery or consulting
• 7+ years of software development, analytics, or information and communication technology (ICT) infrastructure
• 4-year college/university degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or similar fields; in lieu of degree, we will also consider additional work experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Understanding of application architecture, infrastructure, analytics, security and healthcare compliance
• Presentation skills, with a high level of ease in communicating with executives, IT management and developers
• Experience working with major electronic health record (EHR) vendors or medical imaging vendors
• Experience in healthcare interoperability, including FHIR and HL7
• Experience working in software development or Internet industries.
• Working knowledge of modern software development practices and technologies, such as agile methodologies and DevOps
• AWS-certified (such as AWS Solutions Architect Associate)
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.