Imagine being a part of a team where your ideas have the potential to change companies, reshape industries, and improve the lives of many. Picture working with cutting-edge technology, the most dynamic business's, and a talented & inclusive team. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-10 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Web Services where you can have fun while making history. Come and help build the future with us as a Solutions Architect.
We are looking for a Senior Migration Solutions Architect to join our AWS team in Canada. This individual will partner with customers and develop solutions to accelerate their cloud migration journey. The Migration Solutions Architect works with high-value enterprises, helping them to effectively lead their migration assessment readiness and strategy. At the onset of a large migration engagement, AWS Migration Solutions Architects focus on understanding customer business drivers as well as the existing datacenter architecture to deliver a Cloud readiness assessment to the customer. Migration Solution architects then use these inputs to design reliable and scalable cloud infrastructure foundations, as well as help build the overall migration plan. The Migration Solutions Architect collaborates with Business Development, Professional Services, and our Partner teams to ensure successful management of customer progression through programs like the Migration Acceleration Program.
As a Solutions Architect (SA), you should partner with customers, AWS Sales, and several other AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services. In collaboration with sales, you should help drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers. As a trusted customer advocate, you should help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions. You should seek out opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broaden the use of the AWS platform across the customer's organization. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
As an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Solutions Architect, you are joining a team that invests in your success by providing a comprehensive learning program. The AWS Solutions Architecture team provides an opportunity to work in an open environment that includes self-paced learning, instructor-led training, hands-on projects, and job shadowing opportunities to develop your knowledge of the AWS ecosystem of services and solutions. The ideal candidate has a curious mind, a thirst for knowledge, and a desire to understand how technology works. By working backwards from defined customer outcomes, you achieve results that delight AWS customers. You enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and develop new ones so you can make meaningful contributions to long-term customer success.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Defining and executing technical migration strategies by working with highly technical teams within AWS (Solutions Architects, Technical Account Managers, Professional Services consultants and Managed services partners).
• Working with large scale network, compute and storage architectures to help remove roadblocks in customer migration projects.
• Driving the co-development of new go-to-market approaches and opportunities with the Geo business lead.
• Identifying platform improvements, influencing future iterations of the AWS platform and the Migration Acceleration Program.
• Build deep relationships with customers to become a trusted advisor for their most critical workloads that support their digital transformation and journey to the cloud.
• Support achievement of revenue objectives through the adoption and migration of applications, software, and services onto the AWS platform, in partnership with the sales team.
• Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
• Contribute to AWS internal and customer-facing publications such as white-papers and blogs as a means of scaling your knowledge.
• Act as a liaison between customers, service engineering teams, and support to address customer needs.
• All travel is temporarily on hold.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of experience in a Solutions Architect, Enterprise Architect, or Lead Architect role leading the discovery, design, and construction of large scale Enterprise Migration solutions.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience architecting, designing, migrating workloads to the public cloud.
• Experience in a range of migration discovery, profiling, migration automation, and operations technologies and tools.
• Depth in various migration techniques such as rehost, refactor, re-architect, replatform, repurchase, etc.
• Previous experience leading data center or cloud migration projects.
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies (e.g. ITIL, Zachman, TOGAF, etc.)
• Experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT managers, and developers
• Technical degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent work experience.
• Experience in technology/software sales or pre-sales consulting.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Amazon is committed to employment equity. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce that reflects Canada is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills and value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.