About Twitch Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Continually learn about all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment, and video is at the very core of that vision. Twitch's Video Client Engineering team is looking for experienced iOS Mobile engineers to help build a cross-platform video playback/broadcast solution to support web, mobile, and other platforms. As a senior iOS engineer in the Video Client Team, you will help shape the future of the Twitch playback experience used by millions of users across various web browsers, mobile devices, gaming consoles, and more.
If you are passionate about iOS platform and media, streaming, or obsessed about performance and want to participate in creating the best video playback/broadcast system out there, then this position is for you. You will work with an experienced and accomplished team in the video space and will build an iOS SDK that scales to the highest live video traffic.
This role can be located in San Francisco, CA or Vancouver, BC.
• Develop our video playback/broadcast experience on iOS mobile devices and cross-platform software stack
• Collaborate with backend video teams like ingest, transcode, replication, and mapping teams to improve the video playback/broadcast experience
• Add reliable cross-platform unit, integration, and e2e tests
• Stay informed about current technologies and recent developments in mobile and media technologies.
• Participate in the decision-making process.
• Challenge conventional solutions and wisdom.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 6+ years of professional software development or equivalent expertise.
• Current background in C/C++
• Development experience on iOS
• Experience with multithreaded programming, object-oriented design and real-time considerations.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building cross-platform libraries/SDKs and shipping successful software products.
• Experience with audio/video or graphics on iOS (or mobile platform)
• Familiarity with video streaming technologies (HLS, DASH, RTMP) or codecs such as H.264
• Experience with WebRTC
• Experience with network protocols
• Experience with VideoToolBox, AVPlayer, ReplayKit on iOS
• Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
• Maternity & Parental Leave
• Flexible PTO
• Commuter Benefits
• Amazon Employee Discount
• Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
• Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
• Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Software and Programming