Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Requisition ID: R017483
Job Description: Who we are:
Demonware is an independently-run part of Activision Blizzard. We run every part of the players' online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
The work we do together every day impacts almost half a billion players around the world. We solve big company challenges with a small company feel. We are technology-driven with a culture of openness. This means collaborating to solve interesting challenges, enjoying the freedom to talk to anyone, and always feeling respected. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much. What we do:
We design, build, run, and evolve our monetization services platforms for the Call of Duty franchise and other popular Activision titles. We oversee Inventory and Virtual Currency Management along with store management and purchase validation. We frequently interact with first party stores (like Sony, Microsoft, Battle Net, Steam, Apple, Google Play). Our team is largely based in Vancouver with some of us working remotely. Your responsibilities:
- Develop new services by collaborating with peers for requirements gathering, design, review, and deployment.
- Work as a partner to game studios, designing online and multiplayer experiences.
- Work with game studio engineers to troubleshoot problems with online and multiplayer features.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Python or C++ coding, or skills in a similar language
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Understanding of networking fundamentals, e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, security and scalability
- Experience with distributed systems and web technologies
What Demonware Offers:
- Experience with multi-platform development, including PC, Xbox One, and PS4
- Experience with game development
Relocation Support, generous paid vacation, RRSP matching program and top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents, free games, and perks.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply
Software and Programming