Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Requisition ID: R012901
Job Description: Who we are:
Demonware is an independently-run part of Activision Blizzard. We run every part of the players' online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
The work we do together every day impacts almost half a billion players around the world. We solve big company challenges with a small company feel. We are technology-driven with a culture of openness. This means collaborating to solve interesting challenges, enjoying the freedom to talk to anyone, and always feeling respected. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much. What we do:
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer
and you'll be joining our Game Services department at Demonware, based out of our Vancouver office. You'll work closely with the game development studios that produce AAA blockbuster titles including Call of Duty®. Your job will involve planning, designing, and implementing new online services that can handle millions of concurrently connected users. Your responsibilities:
- Develop custom backend online services and features that are reliable and scale to be used by millions of players all around the world.
- Own, operate and support the services and features you develop.
- Work as a partner to game studios, designing online and multiplayer experiences.
- Work with game studio engineers to troubleshoot problems with online and multiplayer features.
- Provide technical mentorship to other team members through software engineering best practices
- Write technical documentation related to the services your team owns
Nice to have:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Expertise in Python or C++ coding, or skills in a similar language
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Understanding of networking fundamentals, e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, security and scalability
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with distributed systems and web technologies
What Demonware Offers:
- Experience with multi-platform development, including PC, Xbox One, and PS4
- Experience with game development
Relocation Support, generous paid vacation, RRSP matching program and top-tier medical, dental, and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents, free games, and perks.
Software and Programming Engineering