300-10271 Shellbridge Way
Richmond BC V6X 2W8
Job Location: Richmond, BC
Language of work: English
Contact: Please submit your application at the link below
We have an exciting and unique opportunity for a skilled and energetic Senior Software Engineer to join our Property & Listing Data Services Platform team in Richmond (Vancouver), BC. In this position, you will join a team of talented peers building out core components, tools, and experiences - both services and web applications - that help make real estate professionals more productive and effective.If you're keen to contribute to the delivery of high performance, high traffic microservices and APIs, with built-in scalability and monitoring in the AWS cloud, then read on!
Our exciting vision is to transform the real estate industry in supporting people to 'love where they live'! We provide real estate professionals with the content, tools, and data intelligence they need in order to provide unparalleled service to their clients who are making big real estate decisions. You will touch on all aspects of the product delivery including understanding acceptance criteria, designing the application, writing/testing/deploying code, and monitoring the system. You will be able to make an impact, leveraging your highly developed collaboration abilities to deliver on broad cross organization initiatives, producing industry-leading web applications and services.Duties And Responsibilities
Education, Skills And Experience
- Design, develop, deliver, and maintain features and functions for services that team owns.
- Develop solutions that are of high quality, scalable, cloud-based, reliable, and reusable
- Work collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team to plan and execute at high velocity, and across teams throughout the organization to reuse existing components and architect shared functionality
- Coach, mentor, and guide junior team members to deliver the best solution
- Investigate and prototype technologies that can be leveraged to introduce new innovations in meeting business and customer goals
- Review and provide feedback on process improvement initiatives that are designed to improve quality and timeliness of deliverables with high predictability
- Provide solution for complex projects within the scope of services that team owns
- Collaborate with key stakeholders including Product Owners - regarding user stories, acceptance criteria, definition of done, and other program-related decisions
Your Personal Characteristics Include
- Bachelors Computer Science/Engineering or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 4+ years of experience in full-stack development - you can understand and communicate a feature design from model to endpoint to the front-end
- Building complex, robust, and highly scalable production applications
- Experience with AWS stack - at least few of the following - EC2, ECS, Lambda, SQS, Kinesis, SNS, RelationalDB, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis
- Experience with GraphQL, API Gateway, Micro Services is a plus
- Good understanding of distributed systems.
- Delivering high value to customers quickly, frequently, with regular feedback and support
- You are go-getter and lead by example.
- You are passionate about creating world-class web experiences for our customers and will work smart to achieve this
- You have a passion for learning, continuous improvement, sharing and working in a team environment
- You take pride in writing clean, quality code, but can balance this with business practicality
- You hold a point of view and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions or question the value of the proposal, but are humble enough to recognize and adopt the views of others
- Compete with Passion: Approach every opportunity with determination and urgency
- Partner to Win: Be sought out for your expertise, collaborative work style, and reputation for getting things done
- Challenge Conventional Thinking: Be eager to find better ways the leads us in new and innovative directions
- Be Real: Be authentic, be honest, be you
- Seek to Amaze: Exceed the expectations of consumers, customers, and colleagues - always
Salary range is $90,000 and $130,000 per year and is commensurate with experience.
Posted: February 13, 2019
Closes: April 14, 2019