Permanent Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Alma; Amos; Bas St-Laurent; Brossard; Burlington; Bécancour; Calgary; Chicoutimi; Dolbeau; Drummondville; Edmonton; Farnham; Fredericton; Gatineau; Granby; Grand-Mère; Halifax; Havre-Saint-Pierre; Hawkesbury; Jonquière; Kanata; Kitchener; La Baie; La Sarre; Langley; Laval; London; Markham; Matane; Mississauga; Moncton; Montreal; New Richmond; Niagara; Normandin; Ottawa; Prince Albert; Prince George; Quebec City; Regina; Rimouski; Roberval; Rouyn-Noranda; Saguenay; Saint John; Saint-Hyacinthe; Saskatoon; Sept-Îles; Shawinigan; Sherbrooke; St-Félicien; St. John's; Toronto; Trois-Pistoles; Trois-Rivières; Val D'Or; Vancouver; Vaughan; Victoria; Windsor; Winnipeg
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching .
Have many careers in one Firm.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problemsJob Description
Digital technology has changed the face of business as we know it. Deloitte Digital helps clients in turning this transformation into an impactful advantage by creating and realizing digital transformation success stories. We combine Deloitte's globally recognized strength in business transformation and technology implementation with the capabilities of a world-class digital agency.
By leveraging user-centric thinking, design capabilities, new technologies and cloud solutions, we empower our clients and allow them to rethink how they connect with their customers across every platform, every device, and every step of the customer journey. As part of an end-to-end delivery, our Front-End Engineering team builds compelling digital experiences with a focus on channels such as web and mobile.
Are you motivated to craft experiences that leverage the unique capabilities of mobile devices? Do you enjoy building apps that provide real value with a fantastic user experience? Are you eager to build digital products that impact Canadians across the country? Are you excited about working in a culture that values diversity and inclusion? What will your typical day look like?
- You will focus on building out digital experiences primarily for Android, using industry standard technologies and tools, and in conjunction with peers across disciplines such as creative, UI / UX, back-end service development and agile delivery
- Contribute to or run agile ceremonies including grooming, planning, scrums, retrospectives.
- Be a champion for inclusion and diversity, understanding that having a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds means that we deliver better work
- Working with Kotlin or Java to architect mobile solutions and user interfaces that solve real needs for our clients and their users.
- Collaborating with product managers, developers, designers, and QA analysts to create best in class software
- Leading code reviews to enforce project standards and ensure a high bar for both technical and overall solution quality.
- Mentoring and guiding other developers toward best practices and serving as a technical resource.
- Over time, build out insights and knowledge of the industries that we work in
Enough about us, let's talk about you As a Senior Developer, you have:
- Extensive Kotlin/Java expertise, experience with related tooling (Android Studio), and supporting backend API frameworks.
- Experience with architecture patterns (MVVM, MVC) and Test-Driven Development
- Knowledge of Android libraries such as Room, LiveData ViewModel, Coroutines, Flow, Jetpack Compose, WorkManager, Data Binding, Navigation Component, etc.
- Understanding of Google design principles and interface guidelines.
- Ability to craft rich user interfaces, across multiple device types and sizes, programmatically (e.g. Jetpack Compose) or by leveraging Layout Editor, with performance and accessibility in mind.
- Experience with integrating with other systems through web services, e.g. RESTful APIs. by leveraging libraries like Retrofit.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, debugging, performance, and memory tuning.
- Multi-threaded coding experience, along with both asynchronous and synchronous code.
- Experience writing unit using frameworks like Espresso.
Nice to have:
- 5+ years of experience, preferably in multi team/business environments
- Experience producing mobile enterprise solutions in a professional development environment
- Experience in agile development environments, including ceremonies such as backlog refinement and spring planning.
- Identifying and communicating conflicts or issues to Project Manager or Team leader.
- Assisting in the development of client proposals.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (English and/or French)
- Experience with other architecture patterns (MVP, VIPER) and Test-Driven Development
- Familiarity with React Native, Flutter, PWA and the ability to guide stakeholders to cross-platform solutions, when appropriate.
- Experience writing performance, and UI tests using frameworks like Espresso, Jetpack Compose testing APIs, UI Automator & Robolectric.
- The ability, and desire, to expand your skillset beyond Apple Mobile and occasionally contribute to other platform projects e.g. web-based, Android .
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Developer, Software Engineer, Engineer, Java, Cloud, Technology, Engineering