We are looking for a Senior Software Developer, specializing in Java Middle Tier development, to join one of our scrum teams in Vancouver. You will contribute to product design and architecture, research solutions, build out new features, and help to improve the overall quality of our code base.
If you are a fast learner, a team player, and consistently deliver on your commitments, you will feel right at home on this team!Key Responsibilities Include:
What You Will Need:
- Designing and developing complex platform components with a team of senior engineers
- Contributing to the evolution of the infrastructure and technology architecture, combining technology selection and operational expertise to ensure product excellence, resiliency, security, and development efficiency
- Automating testing and maintenance of software modules to a high-quality standard
- Writing software architecture and design documents
- Participating in Agile development activities including sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives, and demos
- Participating in peer reviews
- Collaborating with local and remote co-workers, mentoring, and coaching
- Debugging and solving complex problems either individually or within a team
- Working with your scrum teams to continuously improve
Why Work for Us?
- Proficiency in Java, with a good knowledge of major frameworks such as Spring
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful end points
- Experience designing Mongo documents, writing aggregation queries, etc.
- A passion for unit testing
- Familiarity with Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker, ELK
- Excellent technical and personal communication skills, both written and oral
- Familiarity with the scrum development process
- 5+ years of software development experience in a professional capacity
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Absolute is the new standard for endpoint visibility and control, delivering self-healing endpoint security, always-connected IT asset management, and continuous data visibility-both on and off the network. Unlike other endpoint security agent solutions that can be corrupted, compromised or deleted, Absolute can self-heal itself and other critical applications through our patented Persistence technology that is embedded in the firmware of over 1 billion endpoints. No other security company can make this claim.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Austin, Texas, Reading, UK and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, we are a collaborative and innovative place to make your mark in the world of security. Our agile, high energy culture rewards top performance and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We celebrate our wins in our large common areas where we hold engineering hackathons, end of quarter celebrations, and monthly socials. We believe in a good work / life balance which is reflected in our annual employee retreat where it's all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel .
Absolute is an equal-opportunity employer.
Software and Programming Information Technology