Amazon API Gateway, an AWS service, is rapidly changing how every company, from 2-person startups to the largest of the Fortune 100, think about building and delivering serverless and traditional applications in the cloud. API Gateway is the front-door of the Serverless revolution, an approach that lets customers turn business logic and application code into scalable, fault-tolerant production without requiring every developer to become an expert in , deployment technologies, and infrastructure management. API Gateway turns daunting tasks such as traffic management, authentication, and authorization, monitoring and API versioning into easily configurable steps. It then helps companies to build their developer eco- and turns their sets and business logic into new revenue streams.
The API Gateway team is starting up a new team in Vancouver, Canada that will improve our API Management solutions. If you are excited about cloud computing and building highly available and large-scale services used by millions of users, then join us in making the Serverless revolution ubiquitous. This is an opportunity to get on the ground floor in shaping the future of our API management solution that will have impact within API Gateway and beyond.
We're looking for a senior engineer who has a strong sense of ownership and drive. You should be someone who thrives when faced with large ambiguous problems and are able to devise unique solutions to solve them. You should have strong skills and are able to leverage others to get your vision into production at scale. Your ability to lead and influence others through word and action will be key to your success. You will help set a tone for the culture of the team that balances excellence and bias for action.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 7+ years professional experience in software .
• Proficiency in or other OOP languages such as Rust, , , Ruby, C++ or even Erlang.
• Experience in object-oriented , structures, , and problem solving.
• Experience designing and building sophisticated fault-tolerant .
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, sense of ownership, urgency and drive.
• An ability to be in code on a daily a basis.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience developing and maintaining API's.
• Experience designing, developing, and deploying large-scale .
• Experience designing, developing, and deploying large-scale customer facing .
• Experience with operation of production .
• Experience leading and mentoring junior engineers on good software practices and reviews.
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science.
Software and Programming