Are you interested in being part of a fast-paced technology company driving innovative payments to consumers around the world?
Amazon Payment Products team builds systems that support payment products across the globe and are growing at unprecedented scale. The products include: Amazon Co-Branded Credit Cards, Private Labeled Credit Cards (PLCC), Non-Amazon Branded Credit Cards, Shop with Points and cross-currency converter.
We are seeking an experienced engineering leader who leads an engineering organization of 35+ technical staff (engineers and engineering managers). A successful candidate will be passionate about building a high performing engineering organization and will have a track record of delivering multi-year technology roadmaps in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly. You should have an exceptional ability to prioritize, communicate clearly and compellingly, and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong team. We operate on a very large scale that demands high standards, so a passion and discipline around engineering and operational excellence is critical with a high level of ownership.
As a Senior Software Development Manager, you will oversee the design and implementation of significant technical projects by achieving results through Software Development Managers, SDE's and QAE's. You will help influence the team's technical and business strategy by making insightful contributions to priorities and approach, set the standard for engineering excellence, take the lead in identifying and solving ambiguous technical problems, architecture deficiencies, or areas where your team's software bottlenecks the innovation of other teams and collaborate and influence other teams throughout the greater Amazon Payment Products organization. To achieve results through others, you will demonstrate technical influence over the different individual teams, either via a collaborative software effort or by increasing their productivity and effectiveness by driving software engineering best practices. You'll also lead design reviews for the organization, actively participate in design and program reviews and actively mentor other engineers and Software Development Managers.
Our architecture serves millions of requests per day, with obsessively high reliability and low operational overhead. We leverage Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies including EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, Kinesis, and more.
• Manage multiple teams of high caliber Software Engineers working on building world class, scalable distributed systems
• Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach Software Development Managers at different levels of experience
• Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments within an Agile/Scrum environment
• Contribute to and lead design, architecture, process and development discussions
• Own all operational metrics and support for your teams' software
• Drive improvements in software engineering practices across engineering teams
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual OrientationBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BA/BS in computer science, or related experience
• 10+ years of progressive experience within a software/development security team or a similar operating environment, including 5+ years of experience leading, managing & developing high-performing engineering teams
• Staff, mentor, enhance and maintain best-of-class engineering teams
• Experience as a leader of leaders (managing other managers and senior engineers)PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Programming experience in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, or Java
• Strong focus on customers and operational excellence
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Software and Programming