DESCRIPTION Amazon CloudFront is a content delivery that securely delivers data, videos, applications, and APIs to customers globally with low latency, high transfer speeds, all within a developer-friendly environment. Our customers use CloudFront for fast and secure delivery of web/application content, on-demand video/music streaming, and live events streaming. Our team writes software which works flawlessly for millions of transactions every second and Exabytes of data transfer. Throughout everything we do, there's a core focus to be operationally indistinguishable from perfect. Our mission is to build and operate a better and secure Internet.
We are looking for an engineering leader for CloudFront in Vancouver, Canada to innovate and solve the hardest problems in scale, security, availability, and performance. An ideal candidate must have experience dealing with ambiguity and should enjoy building and operating one of the largest systems in the world with a relentless focus on operational and engineering excellence. This leader will own control plane, logging, reporting, and database aspects of the service.
This leader's responsibilities will include all aspects of the service experience: Operational excellence, designing and building the software, and delivering on customer performance and scale expectations. A successful candidate must have strong technical depth and ability to grow team, code, and customer outcomes at a rapid pace. Self-ability to directly work and manage junior and senior engineers along with a strong focus on operational and engineering excellence is a must.
If you are interested in living every day at the forefront of extreme scale and cutting edge technologies, you will enjoy Amazon CloudFront!
Read more about the services our team delivers for customers
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
• 7+ years of experience writing code
• 7+ years of experience in engineering management
• 5+ years of experience of working on a very large scale secure system
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • A Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
• Ability to directly lead and manage junior and senior Software Engineers
• Ability to Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach Software Engineers at different levels of experience
• Experience owning all operational metrics and operational excellence for teams' software
• Strong OO programming skills, preferably in or
• Practical experience with software engineering best practices
• Experience working on , Internet performance, or Internet security
• Has a track record of team building, agile processes, and service development
• Has taken software products and services from inception to being used by millions of users
• Has a track record of successfully participating in roadmap prioritization with product management; able to successfully communicate complex topics to customers and business executives alike
Software and Programming