Amazon brings buyers and sellers together. Our retail customers depend on us to give them access to every product at the best possible price. Our sellers depend on us to give them a platform to launch their business into every home and marketplace. Making this happen is the mission of every engineer on the Amazon North American Retail Expansion (NARX) team.
If you want to create exciting new features, bringing unique experiences and value to our customers, then we want to talk to you. We're the Mexico & Canada development team. We own the code that delivers great customer experiences for https://www.amazon.com.mx/and http://www.amazon.ca/ and we're growing!
The job is simple: make everything available to everyone all the time at the best possible price. The requirements are almost as simple - we're looking for leaders and trailblazers who aren't afraid of tackling massive scale, layered complexity and ambiguous requirements to empower our customers to shop the World.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience in software engineering
• 7+ years of experience as a software developer
• 3+ years of experience managing people
• Experience developing and executing a software roadmap
• Experience managing front-end, back-end, and services-oriented software systems
• Experience leading highly-skilled software engineering teams
• Experience building teams and recruiting software engineers
• 5+ years relevant work experience in commercial or web-scale system software development
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilitiesPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Deep hands-on technical expertise; prior experience as a software developer or software development manager preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to navigate ambiguity and delivery incrementally to the right direction
• A deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Experience designing software architectures for scalability, reliability, and performance
• A passion for people management and mentorship
• BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Software and Programming