Do you want to create the experiences that empower customers to build serverless applications?
We are the Serverless Application Experience team. We own the developer experience that helps customers who want to build, operate, and govern serverless applications that span across multiple AWS services. We ensure customers have a great multi-service experience.
Customers are excited by the vision of serverless: the ability to quickly deliver applications by writing new business logic without needing to become experts in computing and cloud operations. Compared to traditional architectures, customers increasingly build applications using a collection of services, delivering new applications by writing small amounts of business logic connected to other services. This new approach can be a challenge. Serverless applications are made up of many more parts than traditional applications, and those components and services need to be modeled and managed with tools, CI/CD pipelines, and workflows. We believe this challenge of helping customers "cross the chasm" into serverless is another opportunity to delight our customers and make them even more successful. We own the end-to-end experience, working across multiple services, for customers who want to build, operate, and govern serverless applications. We work closely with the individual service experience teams to deliver simple, powerful, and reliable tools to help customers get to production as quickly as possible. In other words, while each service (Lambda, API Gateway, EventBridge, SQS, etc.) will continue to their individual developer experience, this team will ensure customers have a great multi-service experience.
We seek engineers to build the next generation of tooling for our Serverless Application Experience. This includes a web experience, CLIs, SDKs, and frameworks.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
• Computer Science fundamentals in structures, and general problem solving.
• 5+ years of professional software . Strong skills around the user experience. Eye for and attention to detail.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree, PhD, or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
• Prefer 7-11 years experience
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to thrive in a team
• Skilled in developing rich applications with HTML, CSS, JS
• Experience with at least one JS framework
• Experience with frameworks (, , , Ruby)
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
Software and Programming