Imagine a database where you don't have to worry about the configuration or capacity of your database. Where you don't have to worry about what kind of load that your product or service will put on it and you only pay for what you use. Want to learn more? Then read on.
Amazon Aurora Serverless an on-demand, auto-scaling configuration for Amazon Aurora (MySQL-compatible edition), where the database will automatically start up, shut down, and scale capacity up or down based on your application's needs, with no down time. It enables you to run your database in the cloud without managing any database instances. With Amazon Aurora Serverless we aim to do nothing less than revolutionize the database business. Aurora Serverless builds on top of foundational AWS services such as EC2, S3 and DynamoDB and we are breaking new ground in the way that customers experience databases.
We are looking for highly skilled, experienced, and motivated engineers to solve the worlds database challenges at a massive scale. You will lead teams that design and deliver web service APIs around 'intelligent' distributed database systems with availability, reliability and performance guarantees to AWS customers. You will participate in product direction and road-map planning, project execution scheduling, and hiring engineers to develop cutting-edge database services. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast-growing service and help shape the technology, product and the business direction. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and leadership expertise, and ability to work within a fast-paced startup culture in a large company to deliver solid code that has a broad business impact.
To learn more about Amazon Aurora Serverless visit: https://aws.amazon.com/rds/aurora/serverless/BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, Rust, C++ or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Experience building scalable distributed systems with service oriented architectures
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language, e.g. Java, C#, or C++
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or an equivalent in relevant work experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Honours or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field
• A deep understanding of software engineering practices, object oriented analysis & design, design patterns and algorithms
• Experience with distributed databases and/or storage systems,
• Demonstrated strong technical judgment in conjunction with passionate customer-focus
Software and Programming