Ever shopped on Amazon's retail sites? My guess is, Yes! Wonder how Amazon innovates and decides how to invest in so many products and services? If the answer is yes, then this team is your answer. Even after 25 years of retail innovation and presence, it's still Day 1 here in retail.
Our team equips Amazon with capability to validate experiments and expand our retail footprint. We scientifically assess customer actions using AI, Machine Learning and Economics. This position will require you to collaborate with software engineers, research scientists, program managers, product managers, marketing managers, business owners, business analysts and designers across multiple teams - to build an intuitive user experience for our scientific analytics. This is an opportunity for you to build something from scratch, help us invent, enhance and build strategic systems which will be key for customer behavior analytics.
With millions of users producing billions of transactions per day, we want you to experience big data at a whole new level. If you would like to own a major product in Amazon, have an entrepreneurial mindset, like to think big and are obsessed with your customers, then you've found the right job for you. Let's have some fun, do some experiments and build things for future.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the team, we want you to lead our engineering team with your knowledge, experience and skills. Help us hire and develop the best engineers in Amazon, and actively mentor the team for best practices and technologies.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual OrientationBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 6+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
• Strong verbal and written communication skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Advanced knowledge of enterprise performance management application and finance
• Thorough understand of cloud technology particularly AWS
Software and Programming