Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a qualified individual to work expand the Snowmobile team.
AWS Snowmobile is an Exabyte-scale data transfer service used to move extremely large amounts of data to AWS. You can transfer up to 100PB per Snowmobile, a 45-foot long ruggedized shipping container, pulled by a semi-trailer truck. Our Vancouver based team owns the development and operation of all Snowmobiles and related systems.
As a member of our team you will contribute to all aspects of the software development life-cycle including design, development, testing, and operations. You will work with, and drive real improvements for, customers from around the world. As a senior engineer you will interface with external teams to deliver results.
You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment. You have a track record of using technology to solve problems. You know when to dive-deep and show a broad range of understanding from storage, to distributed systems, to AWS services.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 6+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
• Experience mentoring other engineersPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing
• Experience in communicating with customers and other technical teams to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Experience working with others to improve skills, making everyone more effective software engineers
• Knowledge of storage systems
• Knowledge of AWS services such as S3, Glacier, DynamoDB, and KMS
Software and Programming