Amazon is revolutionizing how customers shop online and we are revolutionizing how Amazon developers develop those online shopping experiences. Come be part of that revolution! Help us build the foundations that will scale to the growing needs of Amazon developers, while making them more efficient, less prone to errors and at the same time providing the flexibility and agility that they expect.
Your will use your technical prowess to deliver on challenging problems with simple, maintainable and extensible solutions. You will take risks and experiment, define and deliver solutions in small chunks, build on success from the past and learn from failures. You will work alongside a team that collaborates and takes on shared goals to deliver solutions that are larger than each individual. You learn from others, and in turn make others around you better.
Your immediate customers are other developers, and your ideas and code will touch hundreds of millions of shoppers worldwide. You will have the opportunity to impact the technical choices we make at Amazon and how Amazon developers develop. This is a place where you can apply and further your strong technical skills while delivering impactful business results.
Amazon is a place where builders build, and we enable Amazon builders. It's still Day One. Help us build the future.
• Own design and implementation of systems supporting a wide range of use cases, at high scale with high quality.
• Collaborate within a team and across other teams to launch best in class technical solutions.
• Optimize, tune and maintain quality, performance and availability of systems.
• Learn and be curious, and in turn teach, mentor and grow other engineers.
• You will collaborate closely with teams of software engineers, systems engineers, product managers, user interface designers, and others in order to influence our overall strategy, and define the team's roadmap. You will also drive the system architecture, spearhead best practices, and help coach & develop junior engineers.
A successful candidate will have an established background in engineering large scale software systems, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical field; or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
• Experience with big data, cloud computing, or large scale distributed systems for commercial online services
• Experience with AWSPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related technical field; or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• A strong sense of curiosity and willingness to learn, building knowledge and skills that this role requires.
• An ability to decompose and solve ambiguous problems through proven design skills and analytical approach.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment, driving operational excellence and best practices across the team.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience with the Scrum methodology (or similar alternatives) for agile software development.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in cloud-based distributed software design and development, especially utilizing AWS services.
• Experience designing software architectures for scalability, reliability and performance.
• Experience building complex highly-scalable systems that evolve over time.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Software and Programming