Do you want to own cutting edge technology, solve new problems that didn't exist before, and have the ability to see the impact of your successes?
The Supply Chain Optimization Technology (SCOT) owns Amazon's global inventory planning and fulfillment systems. SCOT decides what, when, who, where, and how much inventory to buy in order to meet customer needs as well as Amazon's business goals. SCOT optimizes transportation and fulfillment plans to help our Customers get what they need, as fast as possible. We do this for millions of items, for hundreds of product lines worth billions of dollars of inventory world-wide. See this short video for more info: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot.
The Fulfillment Availability Team is part of SCOT and we own several core systems that are at the foundation of Amazon's fulfillment pipeline and supply chain. We track inventory signals globally, in real time, and provide transactionally precise data on top of robust and asynchronous systems. We manage the complex graphs, constraints, and rules that define the Amazon fulfillment network and how things move through. We enable fulfillment of anything everywhere.
As a part of a close-knit team of engineers that are agile, data driven, and highly collaborative, you will work with a wide variety of cutting edge technologies to deliver data with high reliability at massive scale. You will be part of new business initiatives that require new infrastructure, event streams and data pipelines for real-time or historical data analysis, what-if scenarios, simulations, and A/B experiments at scale. You will have the opportunity to propose ideas that impact millions of customers, owning major deliverables end-to-end, while working closely with experienced engineers and teams to execute on them. We value innovation and technical exploration through iterative development which includes project scoping & development practices that emphasize software excellence. Scalability, low latency, and a great customer experience are our top priorities as the business grows.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline
• 6+ years of industry experience in software development or related field with a track record of building high performance, high availability applications and event streams
• Solid background in system design, distributed systems, algorithms and data structures
• Solid experience of testing automation and a passion for producing high quality code
• Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage techniques
• Familiar with UNIX-based environments and shell scripting
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team to create exceptional value
• Able to learn quickly and dive deeply to diagnose the root cause of problems
• Able to develop code independently or as part of a pair programming team
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractlyPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
• 4+ years of relevant experience in a company with large, complex systems and service-oriented architectures
• Experience working with big data technologies (EMR, Redshift, S3, Glue, Kinesis, Lambda, Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Spark, etc)
• Experience with SQL and non-SQL databases
• Agile practices and methodologies such as Test Driven Development and Scrum
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming