Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
A day in the life
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
About the hiring group
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
In this role, you will be given an opportunity to own and drive initiatives through the entire software stack -- from customer facing features, data and ML innovations creating personalized engagements with customers across their entire lifecycle (Acquisition, Onboarding, Ongoing Usage, and Retention). You will be a senior lead in the development of features that drive engagement & revenue to one of the top global music listening services. You love challenging problems, collaborating with stakeholder teams, defining roadmaps, design creative technical solutions, and mentoring more junior engineers.
We own enabling our customer relationship and lifecycle marketing via the development of the tools, infrastructure, and data integrations required to manage high-scale, personalized customer interactions. We support a culture of innovation through experimentation and directly partner with Product and Marketing to build successful solutions for our business that our customers love. We have high technical standards and support you to lead the team to reach for new engineering excellence. You will set the standard for engineering and operational excellence, including the ability to drive best practices across the organization.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systemsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 5+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or a Software developer with experience as a Senior Engineer leading teams in an agile environment.
• Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
• Ability to collaborate with multiple external dependent teams to design complex solutions
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience with CRM or Marketing Automation technologies (Salesforce, Marketo, Drift, Intercom.io)
• Results-oriented engineer with a delivery focus and able to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Able to inquire, review and negotiate technical requirements from stakeholders inside and outside the team's purview.
• Experience building complex, scalable, and high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Strong design skills around the user experience
• Prior leadership experience, mentoring and guiding junior team members through design review and code review
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Software and Programming