AWS Lambda's Control Plane Functions team is looking for a Software Development Engineer 3 (SDE3.) This growing team owns the Lambda APIs that allow customers to interact with and manipulate Lambda functions, aliases, tags, and permissions. The team also owns the filesystem and lifecycle management of these resources. We use various technologies including Java, Python, Node.js, AWS CloudFormation, AWS Elastic File System, AWS Identity and Access Management and others.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer obsessed with customer success, passionate about simplification and design-thinking and excited to dive deep into the growth opportunity of delivering brand new technologies to enable the next generation of scale for AWS Lambda taking us from the 10's of millions of containers we run today to billions.
Serverless technologies are dramatically changing the business landscape for AWS customers large and small. AWS Lambda launched the serverless movement and is at the heart of AWS's serverless portfolio enabling customers to run everything from Alexa commands to massively scaled services driving Fortune 100 companies.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we prioritize ensuring that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team stands out for our dedication to supporting new team members. We are a team of mostly mid-level engineers who enjoy helping junior engineers grow through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We take CRs seriously and believe good CRs raise our code quality, grow our technical acumen, and provide opportunities to support and share knowledge with each other. We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a more well-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
If you're excited about cloud computing, want to help lead from the innovative edge, and have a deep mastery of distributed system design, then join us in making Lambda the most successful computing platform on the planet!
Job location is Vancouver, BC. Relocation assistance available.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
* 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
* Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
* Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and problem solving.
* 5+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
* BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent 2+ years of experience in a technical role in the industryPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Familiarity with AWS services like Lambda, EC2, S3, DynamoDB, and API Gateway
* Experience building and operating a large scale distributed system
* 10+ years of experience in a technical role in the industry
Software and Programming