Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and when that box with the smile arrived, wondered how it got to you so fast? Did you ever think about where it came from? If solving complex problems while delighting customers is your passion, the Amazon Supply Chain Optimization organization is for you.
Watch this video to learn more about our organization, SCOT: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
We are part of SCOT Fulfillment Optimization group which ensures our customer orders are delivered on time. In order to delight our customers, we rely on complex software systems which have to scale to meeting Amazon's growing business needs.
We are looking for high caliber and tested Software Development Engineers to join our team and build next generation architecture to support Amazon's growing customer needs. In this initiative we will tackle some of the most intriguing problems in software architecture design and building highly scalable services.
This role requires deep technical expertise, excellent leadership skills, and ability to hit the ground running. You will be responsible for solving algorithmically complex problems, frontend and backend services that can scale to millions of requests and deployed globally delivering an exceptional customer experience. As innovators we embrace new technology, you will be empowered to choose the right highly scalable and available technology to solve complex problems.
If you enjoy designing and building highly distributed systems that can scale and solving challenging problems, come join us!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 5+ years professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systemsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Deep technical expertise and hands-on architectural understanding of cloud-scale distributed and service-oriented architectures
• Has delivered large-scale commercial enterprise software systems or large scale online services
• Solid programming skills in and a deep understanding of object oriented design
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Master's degree and/or PhD preferred in mathematics, computer science, or related discipline
• Experience in building and driving adoption of new tools
• A deep understanding of software development life cycle and a good track record of shipping software on time
• Have had impact and influence across multiple teams
• Expertise with data science, machine learning algorithms, natural language processing, computer vision
• Experience designing and implementing information retrieval and web mining systems
• Advanced knowledge of data structures and at ease in optimizing algorithms.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming