Senior Software Development Engineer (SDE III)
Reference ID: 724703
Does the idea of developing lots of new tools to solve interesting, complex problems excite you? Are you a team player that relishes the idea of positively affecting others through your work? Is it time to take your Software Development career to the next level? Do we have your attention? If so, keep reading to learn more about our Software Development Engineering role and explore the Seller Experience Team's opportunities at Amazon.
Our goal is simple - the Seller Experience Team seeks to make online selling more attractive to a broader demographic of potential retailers through superior scalable object-oriented code. As part of our team, you play an integral part of developing tools and workflows that enable other teams to quickly and efficiently solve the problems of our Sellers. Our software solutions make Amazon's Sellers more successful and provide our Software Development teams the opportunity to work on truly unique problems and develop software solutions to resolve those issues. How cool is that?
Instead of sitting back and waiting for others to figure things out, you utilize your keen research skills to seek out the answers to the tough questions posed to the team. Coming up with those answers means that you will work on unique projects and develop never seen before software solutions. As a team player, you employ your ability to build strong relationships across cross functional teams as well as your superior communication skills to fully understand the problem and then translate non-technical issues into technical solutions. Flexible is your middle name as you fully understand and appreciate Amazon's dynamic environment and love the options it offers you through exciting, ground-breaking development projects. Your innate ability to brainstorm and collaborate with diverse teams across the company allows you to answer questions that are posed to the team - what have other teams done before? Is that solution a viable option for this problem? What are we not thinking of? How is this problem different from the others we have seen? Does our solution solve the problems of Amazon Sellers now and in the future? Or is it a short term fix only? As a well-rounded Software Engineer, you also have experience working on Web services and applications and love the idea of learning new technologies.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education building software systems.
• 7+ years professional experience in software development
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C#, or C++
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Master's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces, data stores, cloud technologies, and back-end systems.
Posted: March 18, 2019
Closes: May 17, 2019