Amazon Kinesis is powering many of the real-time technologies you use today, and we do this at a colossal scale. Worldwide, Kinesis works with billions of events and petabytes of each day in support of many thousands of customers running mission-critical real-time applications.
Customers like Major League Baseball (MLBAM) are using Kinesis to ingest game , analyze it, and deliver the insights to viewers as they happen in real-time. Similarly Sonos is using Kinesis to collect and analyze real-time from millions of devices to provide better experiences to their customers. Video streaming platforms like Netflix and Disney+ use Kinesis to derive insights about customer preferences and show them relevant programming.
Solving problems at AWS scale
You will build and operate the next-generation of a real-time delivery and ingestion engine, Kinesis Firehose, the defacto service to consume and deliver streaming to numerous AWS and 3rd party destinations. This is a truly unique role where you'll build a brand new service that requires partnering with multiple teams that cuts across all of AWS and 3rd party vendors. It's humbling and energizing to build, invent, influence, scale and simplify software that numerous services depend on at AWS scale.
Our team is focused on balancing life with work, and does this via work autonomy and by prioritizing solutions and processes that enable us to scale faster than the business. While the office is located in Vancouver, BC working remotely is supported. In office work hours are flexible and typically between 10 AM to 4 PM.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level, etc. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusive Team Culture
We're looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we've been building.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Working experience with high concurrency, multithreaded and distributed systems
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar; or equivalent experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building and operating massive volume reliable, resilient and scalable web services
• Master's Degree or PhD in Computer Science or related field
• Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, check-pointing, and load balancing.
• Working knowledge of Kafka, Kinesis, Spark or other Big Data processing platforms.
• Experience mentoring other engineers.
Software and Programming