A chance to join a young team building on native AWS based services. Have an impact on all Amazon employees working on compensation products.
A day in the life
Our cycle is unique, our primary product is only live from Feb - May with the rest of the year in planning and building mode for the next cycle. Daily during off cycle will be planning, architecture review, mentoring, coding and preparing for Q1. During Q1 will be monitoring, resolving issues, managing key milestones and scheduled activity.
About the hiring group
Anchor team is a new team, most SDEs are just over a year with Amazon. We build our services on AWS and have a deep commitment to quality.
Would you like to work with one of the most complex employee systems in the world? Amazon Compensation Technology Team is seeking an innovative and highly motivated Senior Software Development Engineer to join our growing organization. We are building new software products and large scale distributed systems which will manage the compensation experience for Amazon's rapidly growing workforce. We are empowered to think big at Amazon, and the Amazon Compensation Technology Team is doing just that. Where third-party products don't scale to meet our needs, we build our own products which provide the scalability and flexibility we need. We take full advantage of the amazing technology toolset we have. We use AWS technologies such as Lambda, Dynamo DB, SQS, SNS, SWS, Redshift, S3, and many others to build highly scalable solutions. We directly shape the future growth of Amazon and the impact of our work can be seen all around us.
Do you find re-defining and building new platforms from the ground up exciting? Do you like working with new technologies, finding new solutions to complex problems? Do you like working with all stages of product development from working with customers on business requirements to deploying and supporting your own software? We are looking for a strong Senior Software Development Engineer who can take the lead in identifying and solving ambiguous problems. You will own and heavily influence the architecture and design, and will write a significant portion of the "critical-path" code. You will influence the team's technical and business strategy by making insightful contributions to team priorities and approach.
Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivering large scale solutions. You will contribute to all aspects of an agile software development lifecycle including design, architecture, development, documentation, testing and operations. You will push your design and architecture by owning all aspects of solutions end-to-end, through full stack software development.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• At least 7+ years of software development experience
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C++ or other object oriented programming languages.
• Strong computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, data structures, problem solving, and complex analysis
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development lifecycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
• Experience in communicating with customers, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree or Master degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Software development experience in JSP, Spring, AWS, S3, SQS, building web services and highly scalable applications
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
• Experience working with Agile engineering practices
Software and Programming