AWS Commerce Platform Payments team is a dynamic and rapidly growing business, focused on enabling developers and software companies around the world to easily distribute, and make money from, their cloud-based products; and enabling consumers of cloud-based software to evaluate, buy, and deploy even the most sophisticated cloud architectures.
We are building some of the largest and most complex distributed systems in the world, and we need world class people to help us implement and operate them.
We provide organizations with building block web services that allow them to innovate faster and operate their software more cost-effectively. These services-in-the-cloud include on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, querying of structured data, message queuing, and more. The systems we build interpret and process a very high volume stream of events; often bundled with low-latency/real-time analysis to enable security and fraud detection
As a software development engineer on the AWS Payments team, you will be at the forefront from an architectural, design and implementation perspective by delivering critical features that enable AWS to monetize cloud computing services. The products that we own are core components of AWS business and the ideal candidate will have strong coding and design skills. In this role you will not only gain experience architecting enterprise systems, but you will also be directly involved in solving challenging software problems across multiple platforms including AWS payments, billing and financial systems. This team operates in a fast-paced software development environment and you will be expected to excel in a highly connected and collaborative environment that includes a variety of stakeholders and customers.
Come join us if you are passionate about building high quality scalable services and applications with a broad business impact!
You must be comfortable in a fast-paced, ambiguous, multi-tasked environment, with ability to scope, schedule, manage and drive the projects to completion.
Key job responsibilities
1. Work with Payments China teammates closely to deliver projects for China-based customers.
2. Be the work efficiency multiplier. Do the best to help improve the collaboration efficiency between Payments China and global sister teams.
3. Take advantage of the opportunities provided by team leading and cross team influencing to evolve to an SDE 3
A day in the life
1. You will join Payments China team's daily standup meeting to sync up with other teammates.
2. You will help to push/follow up some tasks that are blocked by global teams when needed.
3. You will mainly focus on the work that needs to be collaborated with other teams, especially with teams in U.S. and Canada.
4. You will travel to China once or twice every year to closely work with other teammates when needed and possible.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Strong Java coding skills.
- Experience with distributed system performance analysis and optimization.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
- Can speak Mandarin.
- 7+ years of software development experience.
- Experience building extremely high volume and highly scalable web services.
- Experience building highly available systems and operating 24x7 services.
- Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming