Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers tens of thousands of businesses around the world! The AWS Messaging team owns and operates Simple Queue Service(SQS) and Simple Notification Service (SNS) among other core messaging services which provides AWS customers with the cloud infrastructure for building highly scalable, asynchronous and fault tolerant cloud applications. It's a core architectural component of the critical for Amazon as well as many leading global enterprises running on AWS. If you are passionate about the challenges of big scale, building cutting edge technologies and making developing applications easy and reliable, then the AWS Messaging team is for you.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help refine roadmap and technical direction, and follow through with detailed architecture, , and superior code, and to drive operation excellence of a massive scale (think multi-million TPS) system.
How do you know if you are a good fit for us? You are fascinated by and want to innovate in fault-tolerant that operate at scale. You love customers. When our customers ask for the next big feature, you know this means you'll be able to truly dig into the solution and get it done right. You love owning the project from idea to production, delivering not only in the but in all phases from the kernel of an idea to quickly getting that battle-tested code into production. You enjoy collaborating with your teammates. You love working in agile programming environments and running fast to deliver evolution for your AWS services.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 7+ years professional experience in software development
• Proficiency in or other OOP languages such as , , Ruby or C++
• Experience in object-oriented , structures, , and problem solving
• Experience designing and building sophisticated fault-tolerant systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, sense of ownership, urgency and drivePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MS or PhD in Computer Science
• Experience developing for Unix environments
• Experience with non-relational databases
• Experience designing, developing, and deploying large-scale systems
• Experience with mining software and techniques
• Experience leading and mentoring junior engineers on good software practices and reviews
• Excellent communication skills
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming