Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides cloud infrastructure for many of the world's largest companies, and Auto Scaling ensures they have the capacity they require, when they require it. Auto Scaling intelligently and dynamically scales up applications during demand spikes and optimizes cost savings by scaling down when demand lulls. We are building the next generation of Auto Scaling, offering even more "cloud intelligence" to our customers.
We are a highly motivated, co-operative, and fun loving team of engineers who thrive on solving challenging problems and building large-scale distributed software systems.
The selected engineer will:
• Design, implement, and deploy software tests/testing strategies to evolve and improve the automated tests and infrastructure that enables the team to achieve 100% continuous deployments.
• Design, implement and deploy system management solutions using automation and self-repair rather than relying on alarming and human intervention.
• Create tools that enhance operational workflow and provide positive customer impact.
• Invent simple and repeatable automation to replace manual, complex and error prone processes.
Our engineers, managers and leaders are innovators at heart; come join us and become integral to the technology company that is the past, present and future of Cloud Computing.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual OrientationBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 6+ years professional experience in software development, including design, implementation, debugging, and support.
• 4+ experience developing objected-oriented software, with mastery of one or more relevant languages (Java, C, C#, C++, Ruby, Perl, etc.).
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
• Hands-on experience as an SDE working on one or more of test automation, continuous integration, continuous deployment, self-healing systems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, sense of ownership, urgency and drive.
• In depth experience with one or more of Java, Ruby, Python.
Software and Programming