Senior Software Development Engineer - Alexa Smart Home/IoT
Reference ID: 610575
The Alexa Smart Home team is focused on making Alexa the user interface for the home. From the simplest voice commands (turn on the lights, turn down the heat) to use cases spanning home security, home entertainment, and the home environment, we are evolving Alexa into an intelligent and indispensable companion that automates daily routines and simplifies interaction with appliances and electronics. You will be part of a team delivering features that are highly anticipated by media and well received by our customers.
As a Software Engineer on the Alexa Smart Home team you will develop design patterns, APIs, and high-scale services to control Alexa Smart Home devices from the cloud. Your work will span Alexa skills, voice user interfaces, cloud services, and a rapidly-growing ecosystem of IoT devices. You will help lay the foundation to move from directed device interactions to learned behaviors that span multiple devices throughout the home. And, you will have the satisfaction of working on a product your friends and family can relate to, and want to use every day. This is a rare opportunity to have a giant impact on the way people live.
• BS in Computer Science, or equivalent background in data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and systems architecture.
• 7+ years professional experience building and operating scalable distributed systems across the full software lifecycle including design, implementation, testing, operations, and maintenance.
• Fluency in one or more modern programming languages such as Java, C# or C++.
• Hands-on experience across front-end user interfaces, business logic, and data tiers.
• Experience designing internet-scale public APIs.
• Experience building solutions for home networks, IoT device and cloud systems, or home/industrial control systems.
• Experience defining and championing best practices across a software team.
• Comfortable presenting to senior management, business stakeholders, and external partners.
• Experience building systems or products that leverage machine learning.
Posted: January 19, 2019
Closes: March 20, 2019