Voice-driven AI combined with engaging Visual Experiences are an exciting reality. Amazon's Alexa Home Cloud Service and our Echo devices are at the forefront of this latest technology wave. Our Alexa Home team works on developing cloud services to work with Alexa devices with a screen such as the highly rated Echo Show product line used by millions of customers.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Alexa Home team within Alexa Devices, you will help drive innovation by developing features that present innovative speech-backed visual experiences on our Echo Show devices and similar screened Alexa devices. Your role will include developing new systems, partnering with other Amazon and third-party services, working on web services and large scale data infrastructure, and more! If being at the forefront of new innovation for Alexa sounds exciting, we would love to talk to you!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years of industry experience
• Experience with Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and/or Design (OOD)
• Experience developing and deploying RESTful web services
• Experience with database (SQL, no-SQL) technology
• Experience with Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, problem solving, and complexity analysisPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Passion for inventing new product designs and technical solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to drive and articulate technical challenges and solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to create advanced architectures and sustainable solutions.
• Experience collaborating with UX, Product, and non-technical partners.
• Familiarity with working in an Agile environment.
• Graduate degree.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Software and Programming