We're looking for Senior Software Developer
for our Web Development
team to help us deliver high-quality web products to a global user base. You'll be working a talented team of multi-disciplined developers to design, develop, ship and maintain highly scalable (and available), globally distributed web applications and sites. While based in Hootsuite's Vancouver office, you will report to Senior Manager, Software Development. WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Provide technical leadership to the team to design and collaborating in order to build, test, ship and maintain high-quality software to Hootsuite's current and prospective customers
- Iterate in an agile fashion creating hypotheses and testing them with incremental code shipments
- Help shape Product Growth's technical roadmap
- Shape Hootsuite's culture, and your teams, through improved tooling, streamlining processes, best practices and working across product boundaries
WHO YOU ARE:
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering, and at least 5 years of experience in designing, developing and maintaining software or an equivalent level of work experience, and a track record of substantial contributions to software projects with high business impact
- Experience with mentoring, coaching, and pairing with coworkers
- Experience writing clean code that performs well at scale; you have experience with React.js, PHP, MySQL, and are familiar with Java/Scala, AWS
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Creativity and Innovation: seeks new and better ways of doing things, generating original and imaginative ideas, products, and/or solutions
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems. Looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems
- Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects
Share our values:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
We champion the power of human connection. We're united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success. Make an impact:
Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact. Learn and grow:
We're committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other's growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.