Finning International Inc. Number of Openings:
Finning Digital is looking talented Full-Stack Developers to join cross-functional delivery teams building data-driven backend and frontend services for our customers in North America, South America, United Kingdom and Ireland. Our solutions are built for and run in the cloud leveraging the latest data ingestion, processing, and storage technologies and deployment models. We have adopted the Agile and SAFe methodologies to support our planning, delivery, and support activities.
While we prefer to fill this position with a full-stack developer, we will also consider candidates who are more focus on backend or frontend development.
If you want to shape where we are headed in future, kindly do apply and let's chat!Job Description: Responsibilities
• Evaluate, estimate, design and implement feature requests, producing high-quality testable solutions meeting the business requirements.
• Maintain and support existing software solutions, by fixing bugs and optimizing performance
• Produce architecture, design, deployment, and user documentation
• Identify dependencies by collaborating with other development, data, DevOps and product management teams
• Design, develop and maintain application/data/deployment CI/CD pipelines
• Participate in code reviews and sprint ceremonies
• Review and improve software development processesWe'd love to hear from you if you have (Must-Have Skills)
• 6+ years of software development experience delivering complex customer solutions
• Experience in developing backend services and APIs with C#, .NET Core, Entity Framework Core
• Practical experience writing and optimizing queries with SQL and NoSQL databases
• Experience with cloud platforms (Azure preferred)
• Strong communication and collaboration skills and a positive attitude
• Post-Secondary degree or equivalent experience in Computing Science or Information Systems TechnologyThe following qualifications will be considered as asset (Nice to have but not mandatory)
• Experience in developing frontend applications with React
• Knowledge of data ingestion systems/technologies, such as ETL and SSIS
• Practical experience in Azure services, such as Azure SQL, Azure Cosmos DB, Kubernetes Service,
• Azure Functions, and Azure Databricks
• Good understanding of CI/CD tools and procedures, such Azure DevOps or Jenkins
• Experience working with containers and infrastructure automation/orchestrationWhat we can offer you
• Great people and place to work with remote work/work-from-home opportunities
• Career advancement and training opportunities
• Competitive compensation
• Pension and employee stock purchase plans with company contributions
• Extensive health benefits including group medical and dental benefits, and short-term and long-term disability benefits
• Global travel insurance
• Employee assistance program
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Customer Service and Support Information Technology