We're Frozen Mountain Software, a global leader in Web Real-Time Communications (WebRTC) solutions--we are all about connecting people, everywhere, to what matters most.
We're a hidden gem that is based in the heart of Surrey, BC (the fastest-growing city in the province!) In 2018 and 2019, we were awarded Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers and recently featured in the City of Surrey's 2017-2027 Economic Strategy for our commitment to nurturing a great culture.
At Frozen Mountain, we also do everything we can to look after our FM Family (employees!) from flexible work hours, work-from-home days, tons of free food and snacks, and awesome company events are just the beginning. The teams themselves are high-impact, A-players
who are incredibly passionate!
Here's what we rock at; capturing elusive requirements, then documenting difficult specifications, and engineering solid foundations. Oh, and we do this all against the relentless ticking of the project clock. At Frozen Mountain we believe that programming is a craft, an art form. We're looking for a Senior Software Developer (Full-Stack)
who shares this sentiment and who applies ingenuity in their work to get the best solutions. If you are a Software Creator who takes pride in your craft, enjoys the Real-Time Communication world and can write awesome code in C#, Objective-C, and Java, then come work small miracles with us every day!What you will be doing:
- Play a critical role in developing an ecosystem of scalable and performant microservices.
- Help with continuous software performance and scalability.
- Maintain, and add new features to Web-based microservices while keeping them clean and testable.
- Guarantee quality and performance on all application layers.
- Participate in solution design and architecture.
- Write unit tests and integration tests.
- Give and receive feedback on projects (i.e., code, design, etc.)
- Work closely with your Product Manager to develop technical solutions that meet customer requirements.
- Mentor junior developers and help them reach their full potential
We're often asked, what does it take to succeed at Frozen Mountain? You've got to have a huge appetite for learning, take ownership, and be smart without having an ego. Here at FM, we believe in the FORCE!
(Family, Ownership, Resourcefulness, Community, Excellence) Is the FORCE
strong within you? Below are more details of what we are looking for in this role.The must-haves:
- Legally able to work in Canada - specifically, in our office in Surrey, BC
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience developing enterprise-grade software
- First-class analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to collaborate with UX designers, developers, product owners, and other team members
- Passion for working in an exciting environment and delivering new technologies and products to the marketplace
- Ability to learn quickly
- Substantial experience with using and creating RESTful APIs
- Practical knowledge of API security and modern authorization mechanisms, such as OAuth 2.0 and JWT
- Experience with C# and ASP.NET
- Experience with Relational Database Systems such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, etc
- Experience with SQL, including designing high-performance schemas and query optimization
- Experience with Git and CI tools
- Experience with SaaS operations
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
What's in it for you?
- Message queueing protocols such as AMQP
- NoSQL databases (BigQuery, MongoDB, etc)
- Developing cloud-native applications using the Twelve-Factor methodology
- Using/developing microservices and operating/supporting them in production
- Event-driven architectures
- Containers and container orchestration tools (i.e., Kubernetes and Docker)
- Agile development approaches such as Scrum
- Competitive salary and commission - we're not just saying that! We compare our salaries to local averages to make sure that we stay ahead.
- Extended Health Benefits paid 100% by the company, RRSP matching up to 5%
- Internal opportunities for professional development and advancement
- Free snack bars, fruits, veggies, specialty coffee and tea, and soft drinks in the office (and of course the Nespresso machine!)
- Monthly pub nights and regular staff events (mostly virtual right now)
- Comfortable, ergonomic work spaces with top-notch hardware
- Yearly allowance for branded clothing and swag ($100 to spend)
- Work-from-home days, flexible office hours, and a relaxed office environment
- A space where egos are checked at the door, sleeves are rolled up to lend you a hand, ping pong is serious business and where the CEO will know you by name, rather than by number.
Created by brothers Anton and Jerod Venema in 2008, FM has grown to over 40 employees, and 400 customers in 47 countries worldwide. Through our technology and innovation, we inspire and enable
development teams through industry leading enterprise-class real-time streaming and analytic solutions. With products built from the ground up, we live and breathe RTC technology. Come work for a company that is built by Developers, for Developers!