Job Description Summary
Are you a Senior Developer looking to align with a purpose-driven company committed to enabling life science research right in the Bio-Tech Hub of Vancouver? This is an exciting long-term opportunity to take on accountability for supporting requirements and developing effective designs and implementation approaches for the delivery of our business-critical e-commerce application.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Deliver consistently good quality work. Increases the robustness and reliability of codebases, and devotes time to polishing products and systems
- Contributes to the complete SDLC using Agile Development techniques (sprint planning, task estimation, testing, development and code review)
- Design and implement major new features and demonstrate a nuanced understanding of platform constraints and opportunities
- Build reusable architectures that pioneer best practices and enable engineers and business representatives to work more effectively
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with 6+ years of experience developing and implementing secure, flexible and speedy web applications or websites
- Ability to develop new instances within existing architectures, and/or make improvements to existing architecture as well as make sensible abstractions based on template, code patterns and develop coding standard
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!