Do you want to be part of a team that design and implement critical payment related services for Amazon with air-tight security and five-nine availability, that serve millions of requests per minute? Do you want to be part of a fun group that explores cutting edge technology, with a culture of learning from each other and developing each other? Do you want to be part of an organization that will be in the center of projects that will shape the future of the payments industry? If you answer yes to any of the questions above, this position is for you! Your work will be visible among company's senior executives.
As a Senior software development engineer, you will:
• Define, design, and implement multi-tier distributed services that secure and serve customers' payment data, support cool new initiatives such as mobile payment, and provide first-class customer experience on Amazon's websites and mobile devices.
• Lead the team in designing, implementing, and testing of major features in the next generation of Amazon's payments platform.
• Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes that meet requirements for functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and adherence to development goals and principles.
• Effectively collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams in a large organization (software development, QA, Project/Release Management, Build and Release, etc).BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Candidates must have a Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
• 4+ years professional experience in software development.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Technical expertise in building large scale applications
• Possess an extremely sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
• Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate must be passionate about simple and elegant software solutions, customer-centric products, and utilizing agile development processes. Other preferred skillsets:
• Ability to lead a team of engineers to solve big problems with significant ambiguity and complexity, delivering customer value. Ability to work directly with operations and business users to plan projects, track timelines and turn the ambiguous into specific goals and targets.
• Exhibits strong software development qualities including the ability to drive creative and innovative solutions to complex problems, good technical judgment, clear communication, engagement and teamwork, and can drive quality
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Expertise of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Software and Programming