Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is storage for the Internet. Through the use of pioneering techniques in storage & computing, customers can reliably store their data on Amazon's proven computing infrastructure to achieve virtually limitless storage capacity at minimal cost. Amazon S3 provides a simple web services interface that enables customers to store and retrieve any amount of data from anywhere in the world. It provides all customers access to the same highly scalable, reliable, secure, fast, inexpensive infrastructure that Amazon uses to run its own global network of websites. The service aims to maximize benefits of scale and to pass those benefits on to the customers.
Storage Insights is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to build products that help customers understand 'what' they have, 'how' their storage is being used, and the 'actions' they can take on their via insights and analytics. You will focus on the challenges of writing software to handle aggregating every event in S3 efficiently and accurately to make customer recommendations. You will brainstorm new experiences with customers that break ground in enabling new enterprise workloads on S3. You will mentor a group of engineers to build solutions that impact a wide range of customers with a focus on standards in coding, testing, and delivery.
Applicant for this role possess solid analytical, and problem-solving skills. The ability to translate technical requirements through all the levels of the software stack is essential. If this sounds like you, come join us and help AWS continue to write the cloud computing story for the industry.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 5+ years people management experience
• Experience with OOD and object oriented languagesPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong business and technical vision
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of software in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming