Move, Inc. is the developer and operator of Realtor.com®. We are a leading destination to discover and create your perfect home. Realtor.com® was named the fastest growing online real estate destination in 2015, according to comScore, an independent analytics provider. We have more than 55 million users leveraging our products every month and our user base grew more than 25% last year. We have the most comprehensive and accurate coverage of real estate listing, and the most engaged consumers across all real estate online portals, and top-rated mobile applications at the cutting edge of mobile revolution.
Housing is one of the most important emotional and financial decisions for most consumers. You will make it super easy for customers to improve their decisions related to housing.
We offer a fast-moving culture of a start-up, coupled with the financial stability of a grown company.
You will engage with some of the best and the brightest coworkers and leaders, learn and contribute, and have a great time. We work hard, play hard, and we recognize achievement. We reward passion for innovation, creativity, and quality. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic, cutting-edge work environment and desire to make a meaningful contribution to the business, then make the Move! The Role
You will be principal architect for a team of 70+ engineers that is responsible for developing several key platform components and products for the company. To improve development agility, scalability, and stability, we are starting a multi-year journey to overhaul the design of several systems that will be built on a new development and deployment infrastructure. You will be the key architect for this transformation, helping us ensure that this effort is a success. Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Own application architecture and software design for products spanning multiple engineering teams. Collaborate in defining and documenting system components, entities and service interfaces, with consideration for complexity, availability, security, performance, cost, and other criteria.
- Help make right technology choices for implementing solutions. Conduct alternative analysis for technology selection or build vs buy decisions and present to stakeholders.
- Work with product managers early on to shape product definition so that it can be built in flexible, extensible, and robust way. Work with engineering teams to help drive execution, providing consultation on design details and issues.
- Define and drive adoption of design patterns, coding and quality standards and software development processes.
- Help improve software quality and data quality by coming up with better ways of measuring and testing.
- Work with other architects to drive long-term architecture vision. Drive and support innovation by acting as a sounding board for ideas and help bring them to life. Actively engage in tracking and reducing technical debt.
- Share ideas, insights, and technology trends to the broader technical audience within the company. Provide coaching and mentoring to technical staff.
- Play a key role in hiring, retention, and growth of talent: attract, evaluate, coach and mentor senior engineers.
- MS in computer science. Higher professional degrees preferred
- Solid understanding of design approaches and challenges across all layers of the stack including data storage, back-end, middleware, and application tiers. Strong background in designing server-side architecture for scale, availability, performance, security, and agility
- Must have strong communication skills to articulate vision/strategy and get buy-in, using language and detail appropriate for the audience
- Broad understanding of competing technologies and their relative strengths and weakness; and be able to select right ones for our needs
- Passion and ability to quickly pick up expertise on new technologies
- Hands-on engineering skills to evaluate diverse technologies, build prototypes, and solve challenging issues, working with other architects and engineers
- Good understanding of latest technology trends
- Experience in designing cloud applications leveraging AWS services is highly desired
- Should have strong leadership and interpersonal skills to take team along and convert architecture vision into reality.
- Ability to adjust to change and rapid pace of development
- Ability to see big picture and keep eye on long-term goals and direction, while taking care of short-term needs
- Prefer (but not require) at least 10 years of experience in software development designing and building complex and scalable software systems
Posted: November 17, 2018
Closes: January 16, 2019