Reporting to the operations manager, information technology (IT) the senior SharePoint architect will work on architecting, designing, developing, and implementing SharePoint applications within a team environment. They will thrive in a fast-paced environment, managing competing priorities and assignments. They have a solid understanding of SharePoint system design and development using a .NET platform. They are a team player who is equally comfortable developing on their own or collaborating with others.
This full-time position can work from home up to 3 days per week if desired.
Duties and responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
SkillS and qualifications
- architecture, design and development of SharePoint applications, frameworks and solutions to meet business and technical requirements
- identify the policies and requirements that drive a solution
- create, deploy and maintain .NET-based application Ops environment working with business analysts and other team members
- use appropriate procedures and methods to identify and document database content, structure, and application sub-systems and develop data dictionary
- identify, document and follow system specific standards relating to programming, documentation and testing, covering technical architecture, program libraries, data dictionaries, naming conventions, etc.
- develop procedures for migrations and upgrades
- ensure the right tools are in place to monitor the production application to ensure stability, efficiency and performance
- identify potential risks and problem areas and develop procedures that provide effective solutions or mitigation strategies to work around the problem at hand
- analyze and evaluate alternative technology solutions to meet business problems
- participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
- mentor, train and coach other developers according to own area of expertise
- ensure documentation for solutions is complete and transferable
- other duties as assigned by the IT operations manager
Required skills and qualifications include:
- degree in computer science, business administration or college diploma in computer science, computer systems technician or another IT related field relevant to the position or equivalent experience
- minimum of 12 years development experience, three of which is in a senior role with architecture responsibility
- expert knowledge of SharePoint system design and development using the Microsoft .NET platform/ SQL Server Management Studio.
- knowledge of Health Level 7 (HL7) an asset
- experience using Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- ability to design rich web interfaces for internal line-of-business applications.
- solid experience implementing SOA based solutions
- knowledge of DevOps principles and practices
- impeccable documentation skills
- communicate effectively with manager and development team to provide progress updates, roadblocks, and offer suggestions and solutions
- proficient in secure code development practices and principles
- use best practice software development strategies (test driven development, continuous integration)
- analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- strong organizational skills
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- must be able to work in a team environment
- must have the flexibility to handle multiple tasks at the same time
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia has been recognized as one of BC’s top employers since 2011 and one of Canada’s top 100 employers since 2014. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees. We offer an excellent working environment, competitive salary depending on experience, a flexible benefits package, enrollment in the public service pension plan, flexible working arrangements including a hybrid work-from-home/in-office model, opportunities for personal and professional growth.
All applications for this position must be submitted online at https://www.cpsbc.ca/about/careers/employment-opportunities
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted. The College welcomes all applicants and is dedicated to promoting a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment.