Do you love technology and know how to use it? Do you thrive on the daily challenges of working in a constantly evolving field? For members of Best Buy\'s Information Technology Team, the answer is "Yes." More than techies, our IT team members bring planning, strategy and even communication skills to bear in helping the company grow.
As a dynamic and energetic member of the Service Management team, the Senior Service Management Specialist
will provide oversight of IT services provided to support the operational stability of Best Buy Canada's applications and infrastructures. This will be achieved by working closely with the stakeholders to identify opportunities for continuous improvement in business-critical areas such as: Support & Maintenance, Resolution of Application Incidents, adherence to Service Level Agreements (SLA's) & Service Level Expectations (SLE's), measurement of Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) & System Availability. The successful candidate has exceptional communications skills combined with a broad IT technical background and is a well-organized, systematic problem-solver with a proven ability to develop business relationships. Essential to success in this role is a true passion for continuous technology, operations, and process improvement. As a Senior Service Management Specialist, you will...
• Utilize your in-depth knowledge of industry frameworks and best practices (ITIL, ITSM, Agile, etc) to support your IT services and also responsible for ensuring the IT support teams are following these established standards and processes. • Possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor the communication to various audiences (technical and non-technical audiences, senior leadership, vendors, etc). • Be responsible for the following:
• Increasing the operational stability of Best Buy's applications and infrastructures. • Lead and deliver on continuous improvement initiatives for the following areas:
• Support and maintenance • Adherence to SLAs and SLEs • Measurement of KPIs, & system availability • Increase end user satisfaction and productivity • Lead IT support teams including the recovery of outages caused by major incidents. • Prioritize and address operational escalations. • Identify proactive maintenance and trend analysis for continuous service improvements. • Accountable for reviewing and approving changes impacting services under your portfolio and ensuring all changes are compliant with established policies. • Accountable to ensure configuration information for services are documented correctly in the CMDB. • Review SLAs, KPIs, OPIs, and metrics with vendor teams for compliance.
• Oversee the IT services and systems across multiple business areas with a focus on customer orientation by building and maintaining business relationships. We hope you are passionate about...
• Innovation - as a tech company we are constantly changing and evolving; an openness and willingness to embrace change is critical • Logic and critical thinking - we're largely a data driven company so consideration of all angles and viewpoints is vital • Having fun while being the best - we work hard but play harder. The experience we need...
• 5+ years' experience in the IT industry in one or more of the following areas: Bonus Points:
• Application delivery and management • IT system product design and product strategy • Business process re-engineering • Delivering product capabilities by applying system and delivery life cycle methods and approaches • Business process and/or technology implementations • Managing third party vendor relationships and offshore teams to achieve business outcomes • Implementing large scale systems • Diploma or Bachelor's Degree in IT, Computer Science, business administration or related field, or equivalent industry experience • ITIL certification • Excellent written and oral communication • 24x7 on-call responsibilities
• Retail experience is an asset • Agile experience is an asset
We believe we have the unique opportunity to help customers enrich their lives and pursue their passions with the help of technology
Posted: February 16, 2019
Closes: April 17, 2019