We're looking for a top-tier Back-end Security Engineer
to help us build world-class blockchain products with high-security standards and impressive performance. Every member of our team shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision. This position is based in our Vancouver office.
We value that each candidate brings their own unique mix of skill and experience. We set a high bar for our team members, but ensure they have the support and guidance not just to succeed, but to excel. A little bit about us:
Dapper Labs wants everyone, not just industry insiders, to experience the value of blockchain technology. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse team of creators and founders flourish in a distributed hierarchy, where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture and diversity above else, regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for. This unique organizational structure is the same one behind CryptoKitties.
The Dapper team is a group of humble and curious creators, academics, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap into its potential to create change in the world. Your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues, whether you're optimizing our data capture methods or designing a new blockchain game. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We're all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that's what brings us together. Join us in bringing the first billion to the blockchain. What we'll accomplish together:
Our ideal candidate:
- Be the security expert team for blockchain products within the company.
- Build products and services with a focus on plugging vulnerabilities and amping security.
- Consistently audit our codebase to track down existing vulnerabilities, and make sure we execute the best possible improvements.
- 10x our engineering processes with a focus on security best practices.
- Mentor team members to expand the team's awareness of possible security holes.
- Forecast security needs based on initial product roadmaps.
- Regularly give and receive feedback.
- Apply product sense to weigh priorities against security concerns.
- Have fun with new tools, fail fast, and explore the unknown.
More about Dapper Labs:
- Is fluent in Golang.
- Has working knowledge of databases: SQL, NoSQL, graph, etc.
- Has dealt with larger apps that require a moderately high level of security using things like 2FA, device authentication, services that detect suspicious activity / fraud (e.g. financial products, banking apps), etc.
At Dapper Labs we recruit the best and foster an environment that enables our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
We offer compensation commensurate with the high level of talent we seek, extensive benefits, and flexible time off policy.