IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking a Senior Scrum Master to join our client in Victoria, BC.
Why work with our client?
- Competitive rates
- Centrally located
- Transit accessible
- Facilitate team’s: sprint planning sessions, backlog grooming, daily scrums, sprint reviews and sprint retrospectives.
- Ensure team grooms and prioritizes backlog, estimates user stories and that the team plans sprints to deliver highest value
- Conduct open and honest sprint retrospectives, identifying and implementing improvements
- Conduct team Agile health assessments and implement corrective measures where needed
- Provide regular constructive feedback on team performance, identifying opportunities for skills development, empowerment and mastery
- Remove obstacles in the path of a “safe psychological space” for team members to be able to provide honest and constructive feedback, address conflicts, freely escalate roadblocks, identify and resolve problems and conduct innovative experimentation
- Facilitate communication between team members and between the team and its stakeholders
- Guide the Product Owner to prioritize and groom backlog towards delivering highest value
- Coach team to deliver highest value, balancing technical and business work items
- Champion and promote Agile principles, values and scrum practices within team and with stakeholders
- Identify and remove roadblocks that may impede team’s delivery of value
- Work with management, leadership, Technology leads and specialist roles (e.g. Release Manager, QA Manager, Security, etc.) to provide for the team’s needs in terms of environment, equipment, training and support and provide transparency to the team’s activities
- Represent team at CAB meetings to facilitate implementations into Production environments
- Shield team from outside interference, keeping them focused on delivering business value with every sprint
- Use metrics to plan, make team’s work visible and to proactively identify obstacles to delivering value – e.g. burndown charts, sprint velocity
- Understand team velocity to influence commitments team takes on
Top Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Business or related field
- Professional certification such as Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or similar
- 10+ years experience working in IT solution development
- Experience on a Agile / DevOps Transformation in an Enterprise environment
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Why work with us?
- Build a long-term relationship with an experienced recruitment expert
- Access to the ‘hidden’ job market – opportunities across Canada that aren’t posted on job boards
- Get a high-level understanding of market dynamics affecting your industry
- Gain insight into the culture of the company you’re applying for before submitting your profile
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.