Job Description Summary
Are you looking for an opportunity to transition from academia to biotech? Do you appreciate the importance of exceptional troubleshooting and find satisfaction in discovering solutions? If you have a broad range of lab skills, enjoy talking about science with other scientists, and love educating others, this could be the perfect role for you!
The Education & Product and Scientific Support department is looking to add a Senior Scientific Support Representative to the team. In this role you will directly support STEMCELL's motto of 'Scientists Helping Scientists' by providing troubleshooting advice and educational support on the STEMCELL product portfolio to potential, new, and existing customers across the globe, while also supporting various internal and external stakeholders. This office-based role is ideal for someone who wants to use skills developed at the bench to analyze data, troubleshoot experiments, and help others with their research. You must be a master multi-tasker with excellent communication abilities, an upbeat attitude, and an eye for detail. These skills will be used to define and communicate solutions by phone, email, and livechat and to develop internal and external educational tools and content.
The Senior Scientific Support Representative is on the first tier of frontline support and is integral to ensuring customer satisfaction through high quality, efficient, and effective scientific support.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Provide exceptional support to general customer inquiries, while ensuring customer requirements are accurately and promptly met
- Demonstrate a continuous learning mindset to expand scientific knowledge of products and processes
- Maintain departmental platforms (eg, Confluence, SalesForce, LiveChat) as per departmental best practices
- Assist with the compilation, analysis, and interpretation of data sets
- Collaborate with cross-departmental teams to represent customer needs for product line(s) in the STEMCELL portfolio
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 2 years of work experience or a Master's degree/PhD with 1 year or less work experience
- Proficiency in a broad range of laboratory techniques and fundamentals, with preference for mammalian cell culture (organoid experience is an asset)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with experience communicating high level scientific concepts to both scientists and non-scientists
- Experience working with collaborative platforms such as Google Suite, Salesforce, and/or Confluence
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team, while managing and delivering on multiple activities and deadlines
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
NOTE: STEMCELL's vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including with boosters) against COVID-19, as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.
Customer Service and Support Science