Amazon Web Services (AWS) has been leading the world into the cloud computing era since its inception in 2006. The AWS Partner Network (APN) is the vital ecosystem we have created with our tens of thousands of consulting and technology partners, to promote AWS in every industry, every size of company, and every region of the world. APN offerings include validating partner qualifications in distinct areas, lead/opportunity sharing, training and certifications, marketing assistance, funding reimbursement, et al. The APN Partner team is responsible for external and internal supporting Partner Sales, the APN, and other elements driving the AWS partner ecosystem. We serve three groups of stakeholders: partners who work with us to build, market and sell. AWS, customers who use AWS, and internal users responsible for driving AWS sales and adoption via partners.
As Salesforce Developer, you'll be a core member of the team supporting all of our partners. While the Salesforce.com platform will be your strongest focus, you'll be willing and able to learn and support other technologies such as AWS services , as needed. You will build highly secured, scalable, extendable, and performant solutions. Working closely with product and tech teams. You will design, build, test, iterate and deploy new features, system integrations, enhancements to existing features, and provide operational support. You'll play a leading role in code reviews, guiding junior resources towards better designs and clean, standardized coding.
• Implement new functionality, enhancements to existing functionality, and provide operational support.
• Create and execute test scripts, both automated and manual.
• Execute deployments in a safe and documented way, helping to drive improved team deployment processes.
• Participate in technical discussions, design reviews, and influencing smart decisions.
• Lead iterative feedback sessions, enabling the business to provide input on work in progress.
• Troubleshoot escalated support issues - collecting , performing analysis on root cause, and implementing short- and long-term solutions.
• Function as tech lead on projects being implemented by external contractors.
• Mentor peers via code review and ad hoc assistance.
• Learn and adapt to Amazon internal builder tools and native AWS technology.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• core of new functionality, enhancements to existing functionality, and platform maintenance work
• Create and execute test scripts, both automated and manual
• Execute deployments in a safe and documented way, helping to drive improved team deployment processes
• Participate in technical discussions, influencing smart decisions about when to use configuration vs. coding
• Lead iterative feedback sessions, enabling the business to provide input on work in progress
• Troubleshoot escalated support issues - collecting , performing analysis on root cause, and implementing short- and long-term solutions
• Function as tech lead on projects being implemented by external consultants
• Mentor peers via code review and ad hoc assistance
• Learn and adapt to Amazon internal builder tools and native AWS technologyBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 8+ years of hands-on engineering experience on the Force.com platform
• 5+ years of experience with Visualforce, Apex and/or SOQL/SOSL
• 3+ years of architecture experience
• 2+ years of design experience
• Application of code security best practices outside of Salesforce
• 4-year college degree in computer science or computer engineering; alternate degrees that seem related may be considered; higher amounts of overall work experience may also be considered, in lieu of the 4-year degreePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong grasp of both administrator and developer areas of the Force.com platform, understanding when and why to use admin vs. dev solutions
• Strong understanding of relational databases and object-oriented coding
• Strong understanding of the importance and techniques of test classes on the Force.com platform
• Proficiency in related web technologies (HTML/CSS, , frameworks such as , libraries such as jQuery)
• Proficiency in related integration technologies (JSON, XML, REST, SOAP)
• Proficiency in related tools ( Data Loader, Workbench, Force.com IDE, Developer Console)
• Experience in end-to-end ownership of applications, from inception through post-deployment support and iterative enhancement
• Force.com certifications - Administrator, Developer, Advanced Developer, Architect
• Experience with Force.com Communities, Force.com Lightning
• Prior experience as a dev, web dev, or dev on other technologies
• Knowledge of Agile practices, particularly sprint planning and estimation
• Strong Excel skills
• Understanding of principles and best practices
Software and Programming