Job Description Summary
The Senior Research Technologist of the Pluripotent Stem Cell (PSC) Core Facility is responsible for the maintenance of high quality hPSC for use in testing new and existing products, product components, competing products and platform technologies in the Research and Development (R&D) department.
This role involves developing, performing and troubleshooting standard procedures for the maintenance, characterization, and distribution of hPSC, conducting data analysis, maintaining accurate written records of laboratory procedures, providing regular reporting of experimental results, contributing to the technical product documentation, supporting the daily operations of the PSC laboratory, literature reviews and basic experimental design with input from the supervisor. This role contributes to the general functioning of the R&D laboratory and conducts all lab work according to the company standards.Job Description Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain, distribute, and monitor cell quality of hPSC lines for use in PSC-related projects
- Perform experiments with input from the supervisor, including establishing or improving novel methods and techniques.
- Document experimental observations, perform data analysis and calculations, and summarize findings with guidance.
- Troubleshoot experiments and procedures, identify abnormal or unexpected trends in data, review and report on results and provide input into future experimental design.
- Present data at R&D data meetings and provide conclusions and future plans.
- Prepare data summaries for the technical documentation.
- Perform literature reviews to identify relevant techniques applicable for the product design.
- Perform laboratory procedures as requested (e.g. inventory of supplies, waste disposal, and safety measures).
- Provide training on laboratory techniques and product protocols to the laboratory staff.
- May provide technical support to other departments as needed.
- Support Quality Management System (QMS) initiatives and adhere to the QMS requirements, including maintenance of a detailed and accurate laboratory notebook.
- Occasional weekend work (Saturday and/or Sunday) may be required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BSc. in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry or related area.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience performing independent laboratory experiments.
- Practical experience in aseptic mammalian cell culture is preferred.
- Practical experience using a variety of laboratory techniques such as flow cytometry, qPCR, and microscopy is an asset.
- Experience with statistical analyses of biological data is an asset.
- Ability to apply critical and analytical thinking is required.
- Knowledge of STEMCELL products is not an absolute requirement but highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) both in one-on-one and in group settings.
- Detail-oriented and proficient at time management.
- Team orientated - 'one-team' behavior is a must.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Management and Executive