Job Description Summary
If you are a skilled engineer looking to take the next step in your career and advance within the largest Canadian biotech company, STEMCELL is searching for a highly organized and innovative Senior Engineer to join our Reliability Engineering team.
Working in this role you will develop and facilitate the reliability and regulatory compliance of STEMCELL's Maintenance & Reliability programs, serving as a key resource for the facility and equipment compliance in regulated environments and with a global scope.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead system and equipment Root Cause Failure Analysis including facilitating investigations, managing and driving corrective actions, and identifying training opportunities within the Facilities and Equipment teams
- Utilize advanced reliability analytics including modeling and prediction software to provide guidance for customers, facilities management and capital project teams.
- Perform documentation life cycle activities (creation, revision, retirement) in the corporate Quality Management and Document Management Systems.
- Work closely with Program Managers and Senior Managers to develop Maintenance & Reliability work processes and workflows to improve program effectiveness.
- Facilitate the preventative maintenance feedback and improvement programs across STEMCELL's facilities, working with technicians, equipment specialists, engineers, and equipment manufacturers to ensure the program is efficient and effective.
- A Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent knowledge/training) in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering (or a closely related discipline).
- 10+ years of mechanical reliability engineering experience including facilitating Root Cause Failure Analysis investigations utilizing Five-Why, Why-Trees, Fishbone, TapRoot, and other similar methodologies, including conducting reliability analysis studies using Weibull, Crow-AMSAAA, RAM Analysis, etc.
- 5+ years of experience working in a regulated environment in a similar role (quality control, quality assurance, facilities etc), is an asset.
- Experience with ISO 55001and ISO 13485
- Great communication skills
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Operations and Logistics